Adult Services Librarian 1 – Sussex County Main Library – Part-Time (25 hours)
The Sussex County Library seeks a professional librarian for the Adult Services Department at the Main Library in Frankford, NJ. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, computer expertise, and a customer-focused approach to serving patrons. Duties will include reference, assisting patrons with computer issues on Internet stations, collection development, social media, and other tasks involved in serving patrons.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible and forward thinking. Excellent customer service skills and a willingness to be part of the team environment are essential. Ability to work with a diverse public to provide outstanding reference and programming for customers of all ages is a must. If you are patient, respectful, resourceful, technically adept and adaptable, then this position is for you. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Searching the library catalog and locating library materials
· Accessing databases and all library apps and showing patrons how to use them
· Using computer, scanner, copier, poster printer, projector, and microfilm equipment
· Providing reference and readers’ advisory services presented in person, electronically, and by telephone
· Assisting patrons in the operation of computers and computer software and providing appropriate instruction when needed
· Collection development and selecting library materials
· Participating in outreach activities
An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution and a NJ Librarian’s Certification is required. The position is 25 hours per week, including at least one night per week and one Saturday per month. The salary is $22.28 per hour. This is a Civil Service position (Librarian 1).
To apply, send resume and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to:
Will Porter, Director
Sussex County Library
125 Morris Turnpike
Newton, NJ 07860
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.