Application Deadline: open until filled
Position: Business Manager, Full Time
Reports to: Director
Location: Louis Bay 2nd Public Library and Community Center
Hours: 70 hours per 2 week pay period, includes some evenings
Annual Salary: $42,000 – $44,000 dependent upon experience
– Financial Management
— Assist in development, justification, management, and adherence to the annual Budget.
— Ensure proper collection, custody, investment, disbursement, accounting and auditing of all funds, including year-end procedures.
— Create all vendor purchase orders and vouchers, coordinating with Department Heads and staff to ensure that supplies are ordered, received, and paid for in a timely fashion.
— Keep records and provide accurate monthly and annual financial reports, and other confidential reports as requested, to Director and Board. Create a monthly Building and Grounds report and prepare the Board Meeting packets.
— Attend monthly Board Meetings to report on financials and building & grounds; maintain and distribute the minutes of these meetings,
– Personnel Management
— Prepare payroll for processing.
— Track and report on all manner of time for employees’ attendance and absences with input from the Department Heads and in accordance with contractual allotments.
– Building Maintenance Management
— Ensure a safe and well presented facility for the public by coordinating ongoing and special maintenance services, repair issues, including but not limited to:
— contracts with service professionals, e.g. building cleaning services, window cleaning
— contracts with equipment and equipment repair providers, e.g. copiers, security systems, computer support
— DPW services provided by the Borough, e.g. lighting/electrical, landscaping, gutter cleaning.
– Prepare/file accident/injury reports
– Additional duties as may be assigned by the Director.
· College education preferred; QuickBooks Pro a must.
· Ability to work with technology and productivity software such as Microsoft Office
· Ability to establish and maintain essential library records and files. A strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality is required.
· Must be able to meet strict weekly and monthly deadlines
· Preference given to candidates with previous library and/or municipal government experience.
– Cover Letter
– Current Resume
– Send via email to:
Monica A. Smith
Director, Louis Bay 2nd Library and Community Center
345 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506