Full-Time Head of Children’s Services Librarian
West Milford Township Library
The West Milford Township Library is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and organized individual to join our team as full-time Head of Children’s Services Librarian. A background in Children’s services and knowledge of the PALS system preferred. The work week is 35 hours a week, including some evenings and every Sunday.
- Excellent customer service
- Innovative and educational programming for children
- Collection development for children
- Reference and Reader’s Advisory for children and parents
- Outreach/collaboration with schools and other organizations
- Social media and other publicity outlets
- Coverage at the circulation/reference desk when needed
Requirements: MLS degree from an accredited university and possession of a NJ State Librarian Certificate. Consideration will be given to those currently enrolled in an accredited MLS program.
Salary is regionally competitive. Candidates must be willing to become a New Jersey resident within one year of hire. West Milford Township Library offers medical benefits, paid vacation, personal and sick time. The library participates in the State PERS pension plan. This is a union and civil service position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Karyn Gost, Library Director email@example.com