The Parsippany-Troy Hills Pubic Library System is seeking a Part Time Library Assistant to join the Customer Service Department at the Main Library. Duties include customer service, charging and discharging library materials, issuing library cards, collecting money for fines and fees, emptying book drops, delivering books to curbside pickup patrons, shelving, and shelf-reading. The schedule will be 22 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours. Salary is $15 per hour.
Position Title – Part Time Library Assistant
Location – Main Library 449 Halsey Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Department – Circulation
Supervisor – Head of Customer and Technical Service Salary – $15.00/hour
- Greet patrons and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner
- Collect money for fines, lost materials, and book purchases
- Check in/out Library materials, and place holds as requested
- Deliver books to patrons through curbside pick up
- Answer patron questions in person and over the phone, and direct to other departments as needed
- Return materials to shelves, and check that all materials are in the correct location
- Empty the outdoor book drop
- Exhibit excellent customer service
- Perform/assist with other department duties
- Enforce Library rules of conduct and policies with Patrons
- Experience with MAIN a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with library staff and patrons
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and carry items weighing 25 pounds, and the ability to push/ pull book cards and bins up to 100 pounds.
- New Jersey residency requirement: “New Jersey First Act”, N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70).
- Daytime, evening, and Saturdays hours may be required.
- Ability to perform the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, climb, push, and pull. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
For a full job description and a job application, please visit the library’s website. To apply, send a completed application, resume, and 3 professional references to Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/28/2021. No phone calls please.