Bernardsville Public Library
Library Associate for Youth Services (part-time)
15-25 hours per week at $24.60/hour Start date: ASAP
The Bernardsville Public Library is seeking Youth Services Library Associate to work part-time. This position will focus on tween and teen services, but will also support services and programs to children and their caregivers as needed. The ideal candidate will be able to create and sustain fun and interesting youth programs, including a robust teen volunteer program.
If you like working with youth
and trying out something new.
If you’re not into shushing;
if you’re okay with fun.
If you like working with the teens
and some tweens now and then.
Then here’s the job that you’ve looked for
Write to us and apply!
We’re nobody’s poet, but If that caught your attention and made you laugh for a moment, then you might just be the missing piece to our Youth Services team!
Hours will be Monday-Wednesday 3:30 PM-8:00 PM with one weekend shift. The library is presently open from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM on Saturdays from 1:00 PM -5:00 PM on Sundays. Occasional flexibility will be permitted and expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge relating to children and young adults
- Knowledge of children’s and young adult reading materials, video games, music, and movies.
- Ability to work well with other staff members collaboratively
- Creativity and interest in developing educational and recreational programs for youth
- Successfully worked with youth in a professional capacity for 1-3 years
- Possess an undergraduate degree
- Able to find and use information
- Able to maintain and create records using Microsoft or Google tools
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
These are helpful, but not requirements for hire.
- Experience working in any type of library
- Experience providing and fostering and environment with great customer service
- Serving individuals with diverse language abilities
- Ability to navigate and utilize digital resources
- Knowledge our community’s awesome young people and how to support their developmental, intellectual, social, and civic growth
The Bernardsville Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring process includes a background check. Please submit your resume and letter of interest to Ms. Mary Fran Daley, Executive Director, at MFDaley@BernardsvilleLibrary.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.