Part-Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Library Assistant
The West Milford Township Library is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper/Administrative Library Assistant. This position is responsible for all financial record keeping, vendor relations, purchase orders, cash tally reconciliation, bank deposit reconciliation, monthly preparation of Board Meeting financial reports, Board Meeting minutes recording and preparation, payment of bills, supply inventory, payroll and paid time off record keeping, and other duties as required by the Library Director.
- Must be proficient at QuickBooks and have at least two years’ experience at an intermediate or advanced level. Bookkeeping certification preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel at an intermediate or advanced level. Experience working in a library setting a plus.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Accounts payable – write checks, enter deposits and record expenses in a timely fashion.
- Manage financial reporting of receipts and disbursements to appropriate accounts.
- Manage accounts and vendor files using voucher/invoice system.
- Assess inventory and order office supplies.
- Assist in scheduling and implementing facilities service appointments.
- Reconcile monthly statements and issue monthly reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Record minutes for monthly Library Board of Trustee meetings.
- Gather yearly records for the annual audit.
SCHEDULE: 20 – 25 hours per week, schedule can be negotiated.
SALARY RANGE: $20 – $25/hour, depending on experience
REPORTS TO: This position reports directly to the Library Director.
Candidates must be willing to become a New Jersey resident within one year of hire. West Milford Township Library offers paid vacation, personal and sick time. . Criminal background check required. This is a union and civil service position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
The West Milford Township Library is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and three professional references in PDF format to Karyn Gost, Library Director, at email@example.com