Fairfield Free Public Library: PT Adult Services Specialist
We are a suburban library with an enthusiastic public. We are looking for a creative, innovative, and experienced adult services specialist to join our team as we continue to expand our growing and popular adult programs and enhance our involved presence in the community.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a library (preferably public)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; preferably MLS / MLIS student
The Adult Services Specialist works under the direction of the library Director. The Adult Services Specialist assumes responsibility for the library in the absence of the Director or senior staff members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist circulation staff with daily responsibilities as needed.
- Collection development and maintenance of Adult materials, including selection, ordering, weeding, and cataloging.
- All programs and services to adults and older adults.
- Assigned adult services budget.
- Adult reference service and serve as a back-up children’s and YA reference.
- Monthly statistics for the Adult programs and events.
- Outreach including continuing the partnership with Fairfield recreation department, local businesses, and various municipal and community organizations.
- Seasonal, thematic, or subject specific displays/decorations.
- All adult programs publicity and updates to the library website and social media.
- Library Newsletter and eNewsletter.
- Coordinate and plan for Adult Summer Reading program, Fall Festival, and other events.
- Attend professional meetings and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
Part Time (28 hours per week).
Schedule will vary and includes evenings and Saturdays, depending on the needs of service.
Pro-rated Vacation, Sick and Personal Time. As of 2022, pro-rated Holidays are also given to part time staff.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email in one .pdf format a cover letter and resume with three references to Maria Manigbas at email@example.com, with a subject line: “PT Adult Services Specialist.” Applications will be accepted until filled