The Denville Public Library is seeking a part-time Youth Services Assistant (15 hours/week) with an emphasis on tween / teen programming and marketing.
The hours that we are looking to fill are Tuesday and Thursday 3-8, Friday 12-5, one Friday night (5-8) each month, and one Saturday (9-5) each month. Occasional Sunday hours as needed for programming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tween and teen programming
- Occasional children’s programming
- Shelving books, weeding the collection, and decurrenting new items
- General reader’s advisory with the potential for exclusively handling teen reader’s advisory and collection development
- Assisting with current social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), posting engaging content, and cultivating social media presence in new environments
- Assisting with our library website (uses the WordPress platform)
- Assisting with print marketing of our events, including program flyers and brochures highlighting department services
- Assisting with our Youth Services e-newsletters, which feature news and upcoming events for over 1,100 current subscribers
- Serving as point person on special, one-time Youth Services events, including programs like open houses, Trunk or Treat, summer kickoff, etc.
- Creating and sustaining community partnerships
- Covering the main circulation desk, as needed
Requirements: The ability to positively interact with children, teens, and families. Minimum of a High School diploma, but at least some college is strongly preferred.
Prior experience with WordPress and Canva, general tech savviness, and comfort with social media are strongly encouraged.
Salary starts at $15/hour. Denville Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon passing a background check.
Please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted in person. Job is open until filled.